[tex-live] Interesting Web2C/Et Cetera Build Issue Related to Subversion Checkout State

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Apr 27 23:42:06 CEST 2018

Hi Bryce,

    disable-all-pigs

I suppose you mean --disable-all-pkgs. There are no pig-related options
that I know of :).

    cd texk/texlive/tl_scripts && make  run-texlinks
    /bin/sh: line 0: cd: texk/texlive/tl_scripts: No such file or directory

--disable-all-packages includes --disable-texlive, meaning those TL
scripts. So that directory (texk/texlive/tl_scripts in the build dir)
will not exist in that case, it seems to me.

So I think the answer is not to run make world, since its purpose is
mostly to run that texlinks. Instead, make install-strip, meaning add
TL_TARGET=install-strip to your envvars. Or maybe
TL_TARGET="install-strip check". Or don't use Build and just run your
own configure && make; that's all Build really is.

Hope this guess isn't totally wrong ... --best, karl.