[tex-live] TeXLive 2018: lua(tex)(52) or lua(tex)53

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Apr 16 17:36:50 CEST 2018

Hallo Werner,

> Switch over latest tlpretest ... nevertheless there seems to be no source
> tree (AFAICS) ...

Yes, tlnet/tlpretest does NOT contain the sources of the binaries.

> therefore I'm using rsync with tug.org::tldevsrc/Build/source/

Which is the correct process.

> but I do not know if this belongs to current texlive.tlpdb.xz

That depends mostly on when our builders have provided binaries.
I guess that all of the binaries now in TL tlpretest, and thus in the
texlive.tlpdb) are built after the last source changes.

In any case, as a distributor (SuSE) what you are, you should build your
own binaries and add a proper prefix by adding
  --with-banner-add=/SuSE       (or similar)
and most likely also
  --disable-native-texlive-build
The set of binaries you then get in inst/bin/* can be used as is, and
are with 99% based on the same sources with the binaries we distribute
in TL ourselves.

Does that help?

All the best

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer