[tex-live] 2018 TL freeze

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Apr 14 00:52:12 CEST 2018

Barring disaster, I plan to make tonight's build the last.  The only
changes from yesterday should be the patch to mathtext.sty just
mentioned, plus irrelevant minor text updates inserting the final
release date in ChangeLog files, etc.

Then it will be over to Manfred and crew to make the final TeX Collection
DVD image. I hope to make the public release in a week or so, when the
DVD image goes to manufacturing, but I can't make any firm predictions.

BTW, the final TL images built tonight will necessarily specify going to
CTAN for updates. That won't actually work until we update TL on CTAN,
so don't worry when it fails for the next few days. --best, karl.