[tex-live] kpsewhich case insensitive?

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Mon Apr 9 23:45:24 CEST 2018

    pretest TL2018, I got the impression that Windows was immune,

That was my impression too.

    However, in two different Windows 7 systems I got a "file not found"
    errors from updmap, possibly because updmap.cfg contains "minionpro.map"
    while on disk (and in ls-R) the file was named "MinionPro.map" (It resides
    under texmf-local). There was no such problem in prior TL2017.

All I can report is that to the best of my knowledge, the new kpathsea
code I wrote is not even compiled on Windows.

I suppose Akira's reply must somehow imply the difference, but I can't
understand how updmap could care what the case was of anything on
Windows. Surely Perl's open(IN,"SomeFile") succeeds even if the file
is named somefile on disk (in Windows)? -k