[tex-live] kpsewhich case insensitive?

Daniel H. Luecking luecking at uark.edu
Mon Apr 9 22:03:28 CEST 2018

After all the discussion here about case (in)sensitive searching in the
pretest TL2018, I got the impression that Windows was immune, as all
its filenames are case insensitive.

However, in two different Windows 7 systems I got a "file not found"
errors from updmap, possibly because updmap.cfg contains "minionpro.map"
while on disk (and in ls-R) the file was named "MinionPro.map" (It resides
under texmf-local). There was no such problem in prior TL2017.

I'm sorry, but I just cannot tell from Karl's explanation whether this
is how it is supposed to behave, so I am reporting it here. I have since
renamed the file and rerun texhash, so the problem is no more for me.

Best,

Daniel H. Luecking, Graduate Coordinator
Dept. of Mathematical Sciences
University of Arkansas
Fayetteville, AR, USA