[tex-live] texlive on Raspberry Pi

Johannes Hielscher jhielscher at posteo.de
Sun Apr 8 21:47:09 CEST 2018

Am Sun, 08 Apr 2018 16:21:35 +0100
schrieb Simon Dales <simon at getthingsfixed.co.uk>:

> Raspberry Pi-s have a non-standard configuration that makes
> installation a bit less simple than on your regular PC or Mac.

[…]

> http://uk.tug.org/texlive/texlive-on-raspberry-pi/

OK, same question as Zdeněk here. But the link makes clear that it
isn't the TL installer that would not work out of the box (it does
indeed), but you have collected some tweaks to make TeX life easier on
RPi'ish hardware.

Addressing the patience with the bad I/O performance of mmcblk and
the flash modules themselves:
I would not hesitate to recommend just to take out the µSD, put it into
an ordinary PC, and ./install-tl the armhf-linux binary distribution
along with the native one there (you can delete it from within your RPi
if you don't need it any longer, e. g. to compare the TeX performance
of your SBC with dedicated PC hardware).
The bandwidth of carrying around mass storage devices is unmatched.
Feel free to add this pointer to your page.

Best,
Johannes