[tex-live] kpsewhich case insensitive?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Sat Apr 7 12:56:54 CEST 2018

Am Fri, 6 Apr 2018 23:35:47 GMT schrieb Karl Berry:

> The change is motivated for the case of big documents being developed on
> Macs, and thus \include and \includegraphics commands (for example) use
> randomly cased filenames and work regardless. Then the document is
> compiled on normal Unix and failures abound. It is a big pain to fix
> this. There can easily be hundreds of images or subfiles involved.
> This situation is more common than you or I might wish :(.

I fell in this trap quite often too. I wrote examples with
\includegraphics{example-image-A} (as the image shows a large A this
is quite natural ...) which worked fine on my windows and the people
complained that it fails on linux.

So on the whole I'm quite grateful that kpathsea is now case
insensitive and it is not only Apple who is to blame ;-)

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/