[tex-live] display issue with "tlmgr help" ??

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Mon Sep 11 08:42:19 CEST 2017

Hi

> I must debug better on my side, as all I observed was that normal
> behaviour for "tlmgr help" came from removing "/opt/local/bin" from
> PATH.

I think you have a bit of a mess on your Mac ;-) Too many different
installations of perl, mixed with old stuff and new stuff.
(/opt/local/bin and /opt/miniconda3/ both are not standard perls
is my impression).

> When I issue "man -d tlmgr" there is no difference
> in output in both contexts, but this is possibly completely
> irrelevant.

Well, in this case you are reading the pre-made tlmgr.1 man page,
which might work because man uses its builtin or another groff.
One cannot know on this Macs ;-)

Norbert

Accelia Inc.     +    JAIST     +    TeX Live     +    Debian Developer