[tex-live] betterbib

Stephan Lukasczyk tex at lukasczyk.me
Sun Oct 15 15:02:09 CEST 2017

Dear Nico,

On 2017-10-15 11:40:38, Nico Schlömer wrote:
>> how comprehensive is the Crossref database used by betterbib?
>> What does it support?
>
>Crossref database contains about 100 million entries for science
>publications. It's fed from the publishers themselves. On average, I would
>estimate it knows about 80% of the publications cited in any given paper.

Thank you for your effort.  I just too a quick look into Crossref, and
was feeling a bit disappointed of the provided data.  I'm in the field
of Software Engineering/Formal Verification and the examples I checked
were not of a very high quality.

If it doesn't need too much work, I would suggest to query DBLP [1]
especially for publications in computer science.  They have more than
3.3 million publications only from computer science in their index, and
edit the entry's data to increase the level of comprehensiveness.  The
same might hold for other disciplines and sources.

Regards,
  Stephan

[1] http://dblp.uni-trier.de

--