[tex-live] betterbib

Nico Schlömer nico.schloemer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 12:03:54 CEST 2017

> You mean an API to get betterbib into our subversion server? No, that is not
possible.

That's what I meant.

Whenever I publish a new version of betterbib, I use a simple Makefile to
push the data upstream. This works

  * for releases on GitHub [1] (via `git tag v1.2.3 && git push --tags`) as
well as
  * for releases on pypi [2] (via `python setup.py bdist_wheel --universal
&& gpg --detach-sign -a dist/* && twine upload dist/*`).

This makes releasing new versions really easy for me. Having to manually
open a browser, navigate to a website, copy-and-pasting some information
from the package into input fields, and clicking a submit button would be a
step back, and I can already see myself forget doing it.

Perhaps this is a feature you'd like to add sometime in the future.

Cheers,
Nico

[1] https://github.com/nschloe/betterbib/releases
[2] https://pypi.python.org/pypi/betterbib