[tex-live] biber and biblatex incomaptible

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 23:45:02 CET 2017

> Hello,
>
> On Sunday 05 November 2017 at 13:35:22 +0100  Uwe Siart <usenet at siart.de> wrote:
>> After today's update there's an incomaptibility between biber and
>> biblatex that prevents working with biber at all. Here's what I get on
>> the command line (win32):
>>
>> d:\>biber testfile
>> INFO - This is Biber 2.7
>> INFO - Logfile is 'testfile.blg'
>> INFO - Reading 'testfile.bcf'
>> ERROR - Error: Found biblatex control file version 3.4, expected version 3.3.
>> This means that your biber (2.7) and biblatex (3.8) versions are incompatible.
>> See compat matrix in biblatex or biber PDF documentation.
>> INFO - ERRORS: 1
>>
>  CTAN received yesterday night an update of biblatex to Version 3.8.
>  The comment said that this required biber 2.8 .
>
>  However, AFAICS biber has not yet been updated on CTAN.
>
>  Moreover, we received this morning a re-upload of a "corrected
>  biblatex 3.8" that was still labelled "3.8".
>
>  I asked for a re-upload of the same, but with a slightly
>  increased version number, to avoid confusion.
>  At the moment, we have not got any further.
>
>  Therefore I'd recommend, for the time being, that TeX Live
>  revert to biblatex 3.7.
>
>      Petra  (from CTAN)

Hello,

The new biblatex version (\def\abx at version{3.8a}) breaks tex4ht because
tex/generic/tex4ht/biblatex.4ht performs tests like :
\ifdim\abx at version pt< 3pt
or \ifdim\abx at version pt< 3.3pt
which break with a "Illegal unit of measure" error.

Should it  be fixed in biblatex or tex4ht ?

Regards,
Rémy.