[tex-live] beamer dependencies

damien at thiriet.web4me.fr damien at thiriet.web4me.fr
Fri May 5 20:58:15 CEST 2017

Hello,

I made today a fresh install from texlive with a minimal set of packages. The idea is to have only what is strictly needed on my disk.
When I tried to compile (lualatex) a "hello word" beamer after installing beamer, I had error messages with missing .sty documents.
I read beamer.cls and noticed, that it recquires package ucs that is not listed in texlive as a dependency.
Even after installing ucs, my install was incomplete, and I had to look for everyshi.sty. Loading the package ms
solved the problem.

Could ucs and ms be added as beamer dependencies ?
As far as I understand, ms is rather a dependency for pgfcore, but I could not find which package relies on it.

I know anywhay that it is an old problem: a few years ago, I had a texlive install on my Arch Linux and had also to look for this everyshi.sty
file and several others. I remember there was a lot of posts related to searching this file.

Best regards,

Damien T.

Here is my hello world file :

\documentclass[11pt,noamsmath]{beamer}