[tex-live] what is pdfcolor.tex

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sun Mar 12 17:00:15 CET 2017

> /usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/generic/pdftex/pdfcolor.tex
>
> I am wondering what this file serves for,

in fact my question maybe formulated as: is there some LaTeX file
defining macros \SpringGreen etc like there, but as wrappers
to higher level \color[cmyk]{...} calls, so that I can maintain
backwards compatibility in multi-engine way, via color package.

(I guess not)
(but it is easily done of course)
(problem is I will end up defining dozens of macros for maintaining
functionality that may well have been completely forgotten by users
of the package and at any rate was never documented in my context)

best,

Jean-François