[tex-live] install-tl redownloads everything on each run

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Tue Jun 13 13:29:39 CEST 2017

Yaroslav Nikitenko wrote:
> Dear Philip, many thanks for the suggestion.
>
> I've added the links and posted it here
> https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/374651/71097
>
> I still think that to check what was downloaded before should be the
> default, and not to redownload every package. At least links to this
> problem (like this one
> https://www.tug.org/texlive/acquire-mirror.html) should be put to
> documentation of install-tl (or even there could be an option to
> redownload packages or not).
>
> Best regards,
> Yaroslav Nikitenko

Understood, Yaroslav.  I am not connected with the TeX Live team in any way, I simply commented to suggest a methodology that I personally use and which I find more reliable than a network installation.

--
<Signature>
Philip Taylor