[tex-live] TL2017 does not seem to recognize old varnames in installation profiles

jack tljack at forallx.net
Tue Jun 6 07:50:28 CEST 2017

The docs for TL 2017 say that installation "profiles" have some slightly
different variable names.  They also seem to say that we can continue
using the old ones.

In practice, this does not seem to be the case.  I tried it, by modifying
an existing profile for TL 2016 and simply replacing "2016" with "2017"
wherever it occurred.  But install-tl flamed out with an error about
unrecognized variable names:

-----------------8<---------------------
Automated TeX Live installation using profile:
/Users/jack/tex/jack-tex-seed.profile
Installing TeX Live 2017 from: /stuff/texstuff/tlnet (verified)
Platform: x86_64-darwin => 'MacOSX current on x86_64'
Directory for temporary files: /Users/jack/.tmp/tmpdir/hGUhF0BvLl
Unknown key in profile /Users/jack/tex/jack-tex-seed.profile:
option_menu_integration option_desktop_integration
option_write18_restricted option_file_assocs option_backupdir in_place
option_w32_multi_user option_post_code option_autobackup
Stopping here.