[tex-live] texdoc won't run

Juergen Fenn jfenn at gmx.net
Sun Jun 4 19:15:04 CEST 2017

Hello George, *,

well, first of all, I have to apologise for answering this late. :( I
was into too many projects -- both, private and business -- that kept me
from looking into the problems much earlier. Again, sorry about that. :(

Am 18.04.17 um 16:31 Uhr schrieb George N. White III:
> Some installers (macports, anaconda python) fiddle with startup
> scripts so you should also check for a change to your PATH.   The
> error you cite can occur if the texdoc script finds a texlua from
> some other TeX installation.

Now that it's that time of the year again, I had a look at the new
MacTeX version prior to the new release, and I must say, of course,
George was right. My $PATH had indeed been corrupted by MacPorts. I
managed to fix it, and everything works fine again.

Regards,
Jürgen.