[tex-live] dvipdfmx: Two (related) special queries

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Mon Jul 3 23:19:50 CEST 2017

On 03/07/2017 22:16, Karl Berry wrote:
>     used to be "texdoc dvipdfmx", now "texdoc -l
>     dvipdfmx" option 2
>
> I still get the user's manual as option 1, as far as I can see.
>
> $ texdoc -l dvipdfmx
>  1 /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/doc/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx.pdf
>  2 /usr/local/texlive/2017/texmf-dist/doc/dvipdfmx/dvipdfmx-special.pdf

Yes-and-no, or at least 'depends what you expected'. Up to last year you
got dvipdfmx-special.pdf from "texdoc dvipdfmx" (i.e. it was option 1).
Now, I know that the new "dvipdfmx.pdf" is a proper manual, but for
someone working on obscure special-based stuff, dvipdfmx-special.pdf is
pretty handy.

Joseph