[tex-live] texlive setup problems

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Fri Jan 27 02:17:06 CET 2017

On 2017-01-26 at 23:03:08 +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:

 > On Wed, 25 Jan 2017, Charles E Campbell wrote:
 > > ---! /home/cec/.texlive2016/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex/latex.fmt doesn't match
 >
 > Remove
 > 	/home/cec/.texlive2016/texmf-var/web2c/pdftex
 > and maybe even more radically
 > 	/home/cec/.texlive2016/texmf-var/*
 > and it should work.

Maybe it's better not to remove anything right now because Charles is
able to reproduce the bug and can provide further information.

The problem is not that different versions of TeX Live are involved,
the main problem which has to be fixed is that programs which are not
aware of pool files at all complain about missing pool files.
Charles' broken setup can be quite helpful in order to confirm that a
bugfix solves the problem.

Sure, I assume that Charles needs a working TeX Live system right now.
But then I wouldn't suggest to delete any files provided by TL-2016 in
favour of an ancient release (TL-2013).  It's better to make sure that
the bin/ directory of TeX Live 2016 comes first in PATH.

Strange enough that TeX Live 2013 is aware of a directory
~/.texlive2016 .

Charles, can you send us the output of

  tlmgr conf

?