[tex-live] Where to place lua scripts

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Mon Aug 21 14:34:42 CEST 2017

Am Sun, 20 Aug 2017 15:58:36 +0200 schrieb Javier Bezos:

> For example, luacolor.lua is under /scripts, but frenchb.lua is
> under /tex. Very likely the next version of babel will include
> a .lua file for bidi text. Which is the best place for it?

Imho lua files meant to be used by a package (like e.g.
luaotfload-main.lua) should go in tex/..., while lua-files used by
some wrapper.exe (like e.g. luaotfload-tool.lua) should go in
scripts/....  (this also means that in my opinion luacolor.lua is
misplaced).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/