[tex-live] tlgs on windows, cjk-gs-integrate support

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 23 00:49:31 CEST 2017

On Sat, Apr 22, 2017 at 11:46:17PM +0200, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> But which files in these directories are actually needed?  In
> Resource/Font I see Nimbus* and URW* and I don't know what they are
> good for.  Resource/CIDFont doesn't contain any Japanese fonts.  How
> do they get there?

For Nimbus and URW, fontconfig on 'nix knows about these and
documents them in 30-metric-aliases.conf (they are versions of common
fonts).

Not sure what the gs versions are used for nowadays.  I think they
might be just a legacy from before fontconfig.  But I don't have any
PS printers, perhaps those might need them.

As you say, nothing to do with Japanese.

ĸen
--
 Error: ( : 1) not enough arguments

Don't you just love Tiny scheme ?