[tex-live] Asymptote on TL2016 - problem

Paulo Ney de Souza pauloney at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 00:39:58 CEST 2016

The installation is definitely broken. Even after installation of:

apt-get install freeglut3
apt-get install freeglut3-dev
tlmgr update --all

 If you try to run it on the simple file (example from the tutorial):

settings.outformat = "pdf";
settings.prc = false;
size(5cm,0);
import three;
draw(unitsphere);

it will bom with:

/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/asymptote/three.asy: 2905.13: runtime:

and no output is produced.

Paulo Ney