[tex-live] README on CTAN

Gerd Neugebauer gene at gerd-neugebauer.de
Mon Sep 12 13:56:28 CEST 2016

> On 12 September 2016 at 13:40 Rolf Niepraschk <Rolf.Niepraschk at gmx.de> wrote:
[...]
> In this case and in similar cases a call like this

>  pandoc --from markdown --to html --standalone \
>  README.md --output README.html
>
> may be useful to create a html file based on a markdown file.

Well, in this case it's just the other way around. The HTML file exists and the
markdown file is needed. (and note that pandoc knows nothing about the CTAN
dialect of markdown;-)

In fact I have discovered another trick. For TeXlive it should be enough to
simply rename README to README.md and adjust the link accordingly. Unfortunately
this reveals a bug in the CTAN markdown implementation. I will have a look into
it this evening...

> ...Rolf

Ciao
Gerd