[tex-live] usermode with TEXMFLOCAL as usertree

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Fri Oct 28 18:54:40 CEST 2016

Hi,

I wanted to give a try to usermode. For some reason I prefer
installing things in TEXMFLOCAL. But the installation (of
some font) ended up doing updmap. I needed to revert its effect
and issue updmap-sys.

Is there a "localmode" which would handle TEXMFLOCAL, hence for
font installs, use updmap-sys by default.

I think this could have some use, if you manage an installation
and for some reason want to keep the a pristine up-to-date
TeXLive w(say with scheme-full), and
want to install things not in TeXLive, perhaps some fonts
which will be kept from year to year.

(although I personally put my texmf-local under /texlive/YYYY/
because it may contain perishable things as well and I may
want to recreate exact same situation of some years back.)

Jean-François