[tex-live] datetime2

texlive at schoepfer.info texlive at schoepfer.info
Thu Oct 27 12:46:42 CEST 2016

On 2016-10-27 11:35, Norbert Preining wrote:
> Hi Johannes,
>
> On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, texlive at schoepfer.info wrote:
>> i would like to request to set "pgf" as a dependency for package
>> "datetime2", as the description says pgfcalendar is needed.
>> There are many datetime2-packages, maybe put them in a new
>> collection-datetime2?
>
> Collections are not created easily, and in particular not for
> a single package - imagine what kind of explosion that would
> mean if everyone wants a collection for its own package.

As there is a collection-texworks with one package and one collection, i
thought it could be an idea to put the 43 datetime2-packages also in a
collection. The collection-latexextra would look a little more clear, as
it would have contained the the new collection instead of the single
packages.
It was just a thought, no problem to leave it as it is.

> Furthermore, we do not track dependencies between packages
> by now, mostly between collections.

At least some packages have set some dependencies, e.g. beamer depends
on pgf an xcolor. I thought it is convinient to add dependencies to
packages beside that collections depend on collections.
I'm aware that there was never a complete dependency tracking planed.

> Last but not least, checking datetime2.sty I don't see any reference
> to pgfcalendar, the only RequirePackage calls are
> 	\RequirePackage{tracklang}
> 	\RequirePackage{etoolbox}
> 	\RequirePackage{xkeyval}[2006/11/18]
>
> pgf* is only used by datetime2-calc which is optional addon.

Ok, no hard dependency.
Thanks for the explanation.

Johannes