[tex-live] [texworks] Set path for libraries in linux

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Oct 21 18:13:47 CEST 2016

Simone Mosciatti wrote:
> Hi Everybody,
>
> I have this fresh installation of TeXworks, version 0.6.1 from the apt repos.
>
> When I try to compile a simple letter examples it complains that some .sty are not present, stuff like:
>
> "booktabs.sty" or "paralist.sty", fair enough.
>

> I then proceded installing TexLive that should include pretty much everything.
>
> Since TexLive is way too huge, I decide to install everything in a /media partition.
>
> (My HD is divide in two, one part for routine stuff that I use day by day -> "/" and another part for the movies, pictures or old backups -> "/media")
>

> How do I tell TeXworks to looks for eveything it is looking for also in the "/media" partition?

TeXworks (/qua/ TeXworks) will not complain that files such as "booktabs.sty" or "paralist.sty" are not present, since TeXworks is concerned primarily with the location of executable images, not style files.  It will be LaTeX (or one of its successors -- PdfLaTeX, XeLaTeX, LuaLaTeX, ...) that complains about such things.  Therefore since you are using TeX Live, the question would be better put on the TeX Live list -- tex-live at tug.org <mailto:tex-live at tug.org> (cc'd).

Philip Taylor