[tex-live] tilde in file/folder names (again)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Oct 20 11:24:53 CEST 2016

Am Thu, 20 Oct 2016 09:23:18 +0200 schrieb jfbu:

>> (despite having been upvoted and accepted, you can't trust anything on
>> the internet:-)
>

> this is big problem with tex.stackexchange !
>
> number of upvotes is sometimes misleading and, more surprisingly,
> the tick for accepted answer sometimes too

This is not a problem with stackexchange but to be expected when you
communicate with people.

In all ((la)tex and non latex support) chanels I have visited over
the years (usenet, email, forum, tex.sx) I had cases where I wrote
an answer, got greatful "this works great" feetbacks and then
realised that  I had written nonsense.

And I saw cases where people sticked stubbornly to a rubbish
solution even if they were told that it would bite them and that
they are better alternatives.

Expecting that every vote or tick is correct means that you expect
that everyone carefully test solutions, spent time to ponder over
them and don't make errors when judging the code -- not a very
probably scenario.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/