[tex-live] tilde in file/folder names (again)

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Oct 19 12:35:32 CEST 2016

Am Wed, 19 Oct 2016 19:23:49 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:

>> There was a long discussion about this in 2014, and there Akira
>> claimed that on texlive 2015 it should work:
>
> Usual tilde may not work. But I think tilde in "short file name"
> may work in TeX Live w32.

Yes, you are right,

pdftex TEST-S~1 works, where TEST-S~1 is the short name of
TEST-Something.tex

But pdftex TEST~T~1 doesn't work, where TEST~T~1 ist the short name
of test~tilde.

Rather confusing. Does pdftex internally first expand the short name
to a long name? This would explain why the "short tilde" doesn't
matter.

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/