[tex-live] [XeTeX] Random number primitives

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 10:22:29 CET 2016

> Changing the source isn't the issue, are you offering also to help
> with user support to manage the change
> and explain to people why it's not possible to re-create documents
> that they created before they updated
> their tex system?

By following this conservative line of thought, we should
not use OpenType fonts and stick to plain old but good Type 1
fonts! In fact, I would recommend dropping support for Type 1
fonts from XeTeX. If you want Type 1 fonts, use the ancient
engines. Also, each TeX destribution comes with all these
TeX-based engines. So these people can always use their
ancient files with no problem!

A.S.