[tex-live] texinfo not happy with texlive not producing log?

Norbert Preining preining at logic.at
Sun Nov 6 12:58:02 CET 2016

Hi Liviu,

On Sun, 06 Nov 2016, Liviu Ionescu wrote:
> the installer offers the following choices:
[..]
> which one is the equivalent of the Debian 'texlive' package, that you named the '*-recommended' collection? the 'medium' one?

Please check yourself:
	apt-cache show texlive | grep Depends
and you will get:
	Depends: texlive-latex-recommended (>= 2016), texlive-fonts-recommended (>= 2016), texlive-latex-base (>= 2016)
That means you would get
	collection-latexbase
	collection-latexrecommended
	collection-fontsrecommended
	collection-base
This is not comparable to any scheme we ship in Debian.

> I searched the texlive-en.pdf manual and could not find this information.

Because texlive-en.pdf is the documentation of TeX Live as shipped originally
by TUG.

Debian repackages TeX Live to comply with Debian packaging requirements.

> perl/Tk unusable, cannot create main window.

That can be worked around, but I am not a Maccy.

All the best

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13