[tex-live] Fontspec overriding default paper size with LuaTeX

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu May 26 16:34:01 CEST 2016

Am Thu, 26 May 2016 23:00:30 +0900 schrieb Norbert Preining:

>>\documentclass{article}
>>
>>specifies a USletter document and (once you load a package that knows
>>anything about the back end) that is what you are getting.
>
> That hasn't been the behaviour since many years.
>
> We allowed for setting the global paper size so that documents without a paper specification got that paper size.
>
> This is broken now, and I consider this very unfortunate.

I don't think that it is broken. But as nowaday almost every
document loads a package which sets the page specification
(hyperref, graphicx, drivers, geometry, KOMA-classes ...) the global
paper size isn't effective very often and the documentation paper
size wins normally.

(I never rely on the global setting and always make sure that my
document sets the paper size correctly).

--
Ulrike Fischer
http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/