[tex-live] Fontspec overriding default paper size with LuaTeX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Thu May 26 16:11:19 CEST 2016

Hi all,

it is necessary to distinguish two things. The paper size defined by LaTeX
and stored in \paperwidth and \paperheight and the physical size known by
the driver. Unless a package gets the values from \paperheight and
\paperwidth and sends them to the driver, the physical size will remain at
its default no matter whether I specify a4paper in \documentclass or not.
This year the internals of luatex has changed so it is possible that it no
longer sets the default page size configured in TeX Live. Anyway, the
default mechanism in TeX Live need not work in other TeX distros (MiKTeX,
...). If the physical page size is not set explicitely in the document, it
will vary from computer to computer, from distro to distro. This is a
feature, not a bug.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz