[tex-live] 3.4.4 System font configuration for XeTEX and LuaTEX

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Mon May 16 01:24:59 CEST 2016

Hi,

this is good to know. A friend of mine just copied all the font files which
I do not consider good. Imagine that one year later you will have to remove
TL fonts and install the new versions. Copying all files can then turn into
a nightmare. This is why I sggested to try to symlink the directory tree.
It is good news that it works.

I have not only the TL fonts but also a huge collection of commercial
fonts. Yes, when I want to see the font list in any Linux application, it
takes some time but I do not need it frequently. I prefer having the fonts
available.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz