[tex-live] texconfig bug

Ken Brown kbrow1i at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 13:29:51 CET 2016

A Cygwin user reported that his terminal settings were changed after
running texconfig (with no arguments, pressing return to enter
interactive mode).  I think the problem is in the termCtl function in
texconfig-dialog (around line 139), where 'reset' and 'stty sane' are
called.  Shouldn't the program instead save and restore the terminal
settings?

I haven't tried to look into where and why 'termCtl reset' is used, so
maybe there's a good reason for the current behavior.

Ken