[tex-live] xdvi on mac os

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Sun Jun 19 08:32:00 CEST 2016

Hi Dick,

> JF asked "but will XQuartz 2.7.9 be backward compatible with
> xdvi binaries of bygone years?".
>
> I'm in San Francisco for the opera: Carmen last night, Don Carlos
> tonight, Jenufu tomorrow.

that's quite a treat ! reminds me of the technique my dentist
employed last time to get me relaxed ;-)

> The answer is that you cannot have everything (and thus the
> answer is NO).
> [...]

thanks for taking time to explain. It was implicit or even
explicit from earlier messages, but I did not then read
closely enough. I always have the possibility to archive
my current XQuartz 2.7.8, and ressuscitating it in my /opt for
one-shot occasions could be as easy as executing
a script (although I am not sure about the /Applications
part). And, it is true that I don't  expect too much trouble
if my xdvi use is tied to TL2016.
Jean-François