[tex-live] Asymptote 3D and gcc-6.1 ?

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 17 17:20:14 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 17, 2016 at 08:43:07PM +0900, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Jun 2016, Ken Moffat wrote:
> > development system using gcc-6.1 it fails to create 3D drawings and
>
> Do you mean that when you recompile with gcc-6 you get problems?
> Or are you using the shipped binaries on a system with gcc-6?
> (libstdc++ and some other libs would change I guess).

This is for the shipped binary - I have not got around to building
everything from source.  Hmm, yes, a different libstdc++.

> asy is not the only problem, on Debian I see other failures with gcc-6,
> and some of them are for sure compiler bugs. WHether this is the case
> for asy/3d, I don't know.

For the moment, this is the binary - the same one that works on a
gcc-5.3.1 system.

> So all in all - yes - I expect lots of problems with gcc6, at least
> in the beginning.
>
> Norbert

Yes, I/we (BLFS) have had fun in several of packages.  I've only got
back to this now that I've got firefox-47 stable.

Thanks for those comments.

ĸen
--
                       War is Peace