[tex-live] TL2016: biber 2.4 does not work with biblatex 3.4

Ken Moffat zarniwhoop at ntlworld.com
Tue Jul 19 12:41:47 CEST 2016

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 12:28:28PM +0200, Dr. Werner Fink wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've a report fron a user with this message:
>
> | My opensuse leap system installed few days ago the new texlive 2016 packages.
> | Since then, I cannot generate a bibliography with my texfiles anymore.
> |
> | From the biber log:
> |
> | > $ biber paper
> | > INFO - This is Biber 2.4
> | > INFO - Logfile is 'paper.blg'
> | > INFO - Reading 'paper.bcf'
> | > WARN - Warning: Found biblatex control file version 3.1, expected version
> | > 3.0
[...]
> the question rises: do I have to downgrade biblatex or upgrade biber?
>
> Werner

Yes (one or the other).  The latest version of biber is in the
'current' directory at sourceforge and it announces itself as 2.5.
This also changes the perl module dependencies - a quick look at my
notes suggests Lingue::Translit is required for 2.5.

If you keep with 2.4, use biblatex 3.3.

ĸen
for them.'     -- Small Gods