[tex-live] Request special IEEE Computer Society paper size for dvips' config.ps

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 15 00:37:44 CEST 2016

Hi Michael,

    @ ieeecs 7.875in 10.75in

Sure, added to both the dvips sources and TL runtime.

    <texlive>/texmf-local/dvips/config/config.ps
    What is the recommended procedure for users to have "local" configuration
    files that override/supplement/append the default system configuration

Isn't that it?  texmf-local/whatever.  How the supplementing is or can
be done depends on how the program in question was written.

    and which are not overwritten when the TeX Live system is updated
    or reinstalled?

tlmgr will never write anything to texmf-local, as far as I know.
(Well, mktexlsr will update the ls-R there, but that's presumably the
opposite of a problem. :) Certainly my own texmf-local has been
preserved across many years of TL installations.

Best,
Karl