[tex-live] Forest dependency

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Fri Jul 15 00:16:03 CEST 2016

    dependency in the tlpoj file of forest, so that elocalloc is pulled by
    forest installation?

Ok, done, but ...

    http://www.lyx.org/trac/ticket/10284

I find that thread difficult to comprehend, but some thoughts anyway:

Perhaps lyx could be made smart enough to, optionally, do "tlmgr install
foobar" (if TL) or the equivalent under miktex (though miktex already
does it itself), if it's "smart" enough to complain about foobar being
required.  I'm not sure if that's what's happening.

Also, I fail to see the original point: there should be no need for the
"average user" to compile a manual.  If the package is released to CTAN,
it should include a PDF manual already.  forest certainly does.

Furthermore, the dependencies of a package's manual are usually far
larger than the dependencies of the package itself.  So in general it
would not make sense to add dependencies of the manual to the package.

I could say more but that's plenty already ...

Best,
Karl