[tex-live] [XeTeX] Σχετ: Plain XeTeX, pdftitle, pdfinfo

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jul 13 16:14:47 CEST 2016

Norbert Preining wrote:
>> So what would you recommend, Norbert ?
> Do we really need to hand-feed you?
I have never felt it inappropriate to ask someone with more experience for their advice.  Rsynch, like all Unix utilities is a complete unknown to me, so when told that

> Don't forget that
> 	-a
> has a very strong meaning, so that
> 	-a -L
> in combination probably does not work ...
I cannot see how it can be wrong to ask the person who wrote that (and who clearly understands Rsynch far far better than I ever will) what he would recommend.  This is not asking to be spoon-fed; it is asking for advice.  "I don't know" is (sadly) one of the most under-used phrases in the English language.

> What about reading the manual
> of rsync. THere it is clearly stated that
> 	-a equals -rlptgoD
> where
> 	-r	recursive
> 	-l	copy symlinks as symlinks
> 	-p	preserve permissions
> 	-t 	preserve modification times
> 	-g	preserve group
> 	-o	preserve owner (super-user only)
> 	-D	same as --devices --specials
> 	--devices preserve device files (super-user only)
> 	--specials preserve special files
> What makes sense on Windows is - as far as I know, but I really
> give not much for testing it -
> 	-r
> only,
>
> So a simple
> 	rsync -rL ...
> should get you going. You could add -t, if you want.
>
> Norbert
Thank you Norbert; I genuinely appreciated your help.
** Phil.
--

Philip Taylor