[tex-live] Class scrartcl Error: undefined old font command '\it' and '\rm'

Zdenek Wagner zdenek.wagner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 15:52:10 CEST 2016

As Barbara wrote, this list deals with development of TeX Live
infrastructure, not TeX itself, not the packages. Anyway, the answer is
simple, you are trying to use commands of LaTeX 2.09 which is deprecated
for more that 10 years. Instead of \it you should use {\itshape text in
italics\/} or even better \textit{text in italics} etc. You should
definitely read an introduction to LaTeX, especially font switching
commands as they are defined in NFSS2.

Zdeněk Wagner
http://icebearsoft.euweb.cz