[tex-live] my experience of building TeX Live with Windows gcc 64 bits

Philip Taylor P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 1 13:57:07 CEST 2016

Delighted to learn from Vincent Torri that one can, at least in theory, build a 64-bit TeX Live for Windows, and having overcome a couple of initial hurdles, I can now, like Vicent, perform a :

./Build --build=x86_64-w64-mingw32 --host=x86_64-w64-mingw32

within the context of an Msys command-line window.  However, this builds a complete TeX Live system, which is not only massive overkill for my requirements but also slows down testing very badly indeed.  What I would /like/ to be able to do is to compile and link only XeTeX.  Could anyone familiar with  the TeX Live "Build" system please advise how to accomplish that via the "Build" script rather than via manual invocations of "configure", "make", etc., with none of which have I any familiarity at all.

Many thanks in advance :
--

Philip Taylor