[tex-live] TeX-Live 2016, LuaLaTeX and engine detection

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 10:07:57 CEST 2016

On 26 April 2016 at 08:58, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Tue, 26 Apr 2016 14:18:18 +0900 schrieb Akira Kakuto:
>
>>> I tested it on two Macs and they show the same behavior. Is it Mac specific?
>>
>> In lualatex, \ifpdf is true, so I think that
>> in the present geometry package, which is
>> relatively old, the driver may be detected
>> as pdftex. But I don't know details.
>
> Andy's problem is that geometry uses the *dvips* driver which is
> clearly wrong.  (I don't know if the pdftex driver works correctly
> without the luatex85 package).
>
> --
> Ulrike Fischer
> http://www.troubleshooting-tex.de/

ifpdf.sty will give false for \ifpdf (and then select dvips) unless
you have the latest ifpdf.sty
that was added to the tl2016 pretest the other day. however the pdftex
back end won't work
without \RequirePackage{luatex85} at the start of the file (and if you
add that the old ifpdf.sty will also work)

David