[tex-live] TL'16 pretest luatex fails with "Fatal format file error".

jfbu jfbu at free.fr
Fri Apr 22 07:39:57 CEST 2016

Le 22 avr. 2016 à 06:09, <m at mmmmarascio.xyz> <m at mmmmarascio.xyz> a écrit :

> This fails, apparently while digesting "\unless" in pdftexconfig.tex;
> please see the attached "luajittex.log".
>

> Michael
> <luajittex-sys.log><luajittex.log>

Hi,

some days ago Herbert Schulz on this list in a "pdftex paper size"
entitled thread also reported a problem where he mentioned similar
location

> /usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-config/tex/generic/config/pdftexconfig.tex

as in second log above,

I am now curious about how it comes that both of you have that location,
that it seems to conatin
a version of pdftexconfig.tex which was a fleeting one, whereas on
my install I don't have anything in texmf-config ?

perhaps it depends on how installation worked initially ?

on my install tlmgr paper pdftexconfig.tex is at

/usr/local/texlive/2016/texmf-dist/tex/generic/tex-ini-files/pdftexconfig.tex

and there is only one
Jean-François