[tex-live] tlcritical testing for format dependencies

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Nov 30 01:45:53 CET 2015

On Nov 29, 2015, at 15:30 , Karl Berry wrote:

> Norbert and I have devised a way to systematically handle the problem of
> rebuilding formats when a dependency is updated.  He has pushed the code
> to the tlcritical repository.  It should have no visible effect right
> now; we'd like to have people test it to be sure nothing untoward has
> been introduced wrt existing behavior.
>
> In a few days we will put complete format dependency information into
> the *.tlpsrc files -> tlpdb, which the new code can make use of.
>
> Thus, anyone who is up for testing out of tlcritical now, please give it
> a try.  I put some info at http://tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html#tlcritical ...

FYI, after doing this (OS X, 10.6.8, TLU 1.23), and then updating from my normal site, I see a line in TLU claiming that, for texlive.infra, the local version (38967) is new than the remote (38618).  The line wants to stick around after updating; I assume that is "normal".

Otherwise, things seem fine: my update checks behave as expected.

Justin

--
Justin C. Walker, Curmudgeon at Large
Director