[tex-live] Unable to download the remote TL database

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sun Nov 8 23:33:16 CET 2015

Hi Paulo,

    Not all the time, but most of it:

Has anything changed with the network on your end?
That's the first thing that comes to mind.

    http://repositorios.cpai.unb.br/ctan/systems/texlive/tlnet

I can't visit that url in a browser.  I suspect something is wrong on
that host.  I suggest specifying a different mirror (not www.ctan.org)
explicitly.

    --repository=http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/systems/texlive/tlnet

I'm not sure that works.  There is some kind of automagic redirection
when trying to download from www.ctan.org.  ftp://ftp.ctan.org instead
of http://www.ctan.org might be a worthwhile attempt for testing.

    Is it something to get worried or just a temporary issue?

Nothing has changed wrt ctan or tug.org, to my knowledge.  No one else
has reported such connectivity problems recently.  -k