[tex-live] [pretest] Windows: can't compile documents, permission problem

Stephan Hennig sh-list at posteo.net
Fri May 22 12:56:52 CEST 2015

Am 22.05.2015 um 11:34 schrieb Siep Kroonenberg:

> icacls c:\texlive\2015\texmf-var /grant:r Everyone:r /t
>
> should do the trick - assuming c:\texlive\2015 is the root of the
> installation.

That seems to work for the moment.

But only if I change user name 'Everyone' to 'Jeder' (German
translation).  Otherwise your original command returnes an error

> Everyone: Zuordnungen von Kontennamen und Sicherheitskennungen wurden nicht durc
> hgeführt.

meaning 'Everyone: Could not map accounts and SIDs.'  Looks like the
all-users name needs one more level of abstraction.

After applying the icacls command from a command windows with
administrator privileges I was able to compile story.tex as a user.

Best regards,
Stephan Hennig