[tex-live] ways to change between texlive 2014 and 2015 pretest

George N. White III gnwiii at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:42:32 CEST 2015

On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:44 PM, Siep Kroonenberg <siepo at cybercomm.nl>
wrote:

> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 05:18:29PM +0100, Joseph Wright wrote:
> > On 19/05/2015 17:07, Dr. Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> > > I installed pretest in windows and omitted the registry changes. Now
> the
> > > 2014 binaries are still active. Is there any way to change in between
> the
> > > two installations.
> > >
> > > You have obviously eliminated in the manager the symbolic link
> functions.
> > > Now I wonder.
> > >

> > > Bernhard
> >
> > Choice of TeX system is determined by the path set. On Windows, this can
> > be adjusted using the Control Panel (search for 'environmental
> > variables'). I'd just add the appropriate location at the start of your
> > personal path.
> > --
> > Joseph Wright
>
> Note that on windows the user path is appended to the system path.
> So if the previous TL is on the system path then you need to change
> the system path.

At my workplace, once something is in the system path nothing short of a
direct request from the Queen can get it changed.  It would be nice to have
a mechanism like macports where the path says the same and versions can
be switched by adjusting links (junctions?).

> If you did accept the menu shortcuts, then anything started via
> those shortcuts should see the right searchpath.
>
> --
> Siep Kroonenberg

Head of St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia