[tex-live] l3keys2e class options ignored with TL 2015

David Carlisle d.p.carlisle at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:31:58 CEST 2015

On 30 June 2015 at 08:39, Joseph Wright
<joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> wrote:
> On 29/06/2015 19:54, Denis Bitouzé wrote:
>> Le 29/06/15 à 13h19, Joseph Wright <joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk> a écrit :
>>
>>> I think I see what is going on here and will fix shortly.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I have a fix in hand and checked in to our SVN. I have a few other
> things to look at this week and will then aim to release.
>
>> BTW, if you see why the LaTeX warning: "Unused global option(s):
>> [key=foo]", please let me know :)
>
> This is due to the LaTeX2e kernel not the expl3 code. You have in your
> example
>
>     \LoadClassWithOptions{article}
>
> This passes all of the class options to article. It then populates the
> unused list based on options it does not know. If you want to avoid that
> use just
>
>     \LoadClass{article}
>
> I've asked the rest of the team about this before: the best that can be
> said is that it's always been the case!
> --
> Joseph Wright

\LoadClassWithOptions was intended to provide a simplified interface
for packages that didn't declare any options but wanted to leave all
that to (say) article, and just change some defaults or new
environments etc.

A package handling its own options should use\LoadClass, and
explicitly pass any options that it wants to pass to article.

A class that is loading l3keys and using a new option handler is well
outside the design considerations of \LoadClassWithOptions.

But this is even more off topic for tex-live list than the start of
this thread:-)

David