[tex-live] rotating column conent of a twocolumn document

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at gmx.de
Thu Jun 18 02:38:41 CEST 2015

On 2015-06-17 at 20:05:24 +0200, Ulrike Fischer wrote:

 > Am Wed, 17 Jun 2015 19:36:13 +0200 schrieb hw:
 >
 > >> Why are you using twocolumn mode when you actually want the text in
 > >> the second column simply below the text from the first column?
 >
 > > That's because there are two labels side by side spooled up on a big
 > > roll from which they are being fed into the printer.
 >
 > I don't understand your description. But imho you are wrong. If you
 > can put your data side-by-side in two column you can also put them
 > one below the other.

Sorry, Ulrike.  When you understand his description you'll recognize
that his approach is reasonable.  Admittedly, there is a plethora of
other solutions too and I would prefer another approach.

Please note that there are many labels on a sheet, two per row, and
there are many rows.  We are not talking about just two labels.

However, I would first consider to use \rotatebox from the graphics
package rather than 'rotating' or 'scape'.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25
D-30167 Hannover                    mailto:reinhard.kotucha at web.de