[tex-live] \"\i causes problems with texlive 2015

Kruschwitz Lutz lutz.kruschwitz at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:07:44 CEST 2015

Hello:

I have a problem with texlive 2015 that did not exist in texlive 2014. The problem occurs when I am using

\ "{\ i}

as in

@book {Chamisso: 2012,
Address = {Berlin},
Author = {von Chamisso, Adelbert [urspr\“unglich Louis Charles Adéla{\"{\i}}de de Chamissot de Boncourt]},
Publisher = {Die Andere Bibliothek},
Title = {journey around the world: \ normalfont with 150 lithographs by Ludwig Choris and an essayistic afterword by Matthias Glaubrecht}
Year = {2012}}

in a BiB-entry and then run biber or biblatex. In the end I get the error message

Package inputenc Error: Unicode char \u8:̈ not set up for use with LaTeX.

What can I do to avoid this problem?

Regards,
Lutz Kruschwitz.